Requirements for Obtaining your Marriage License in North Carolina
We know there are a lot of things that come with planning a wedding. You're focused on wedding attire, ceremony program, bridal showers and more. The last thing you are thinking about is getting your marriage license. We thought we would help you out by doing some leg work for you.
- Visit your local register of deeds office to apply for your marriage license
- Both applicant's must be present at the Register of Deeds when applying
- Bring a valid ID (Driver's License, State Issued ID, or Passport
- Bring a Social Security card, W-2 form, or payroll check stub with your complete Social Security Number on the check stub. The name on the proof of social security must match the name on the ID exactly. If the individual has not been assigned a social security number, an Affidavit must be completed.
- There is a fee of $60 required at time of applying. Preferred method of payment is cash. There is no waiting period. Marriage License is valid for 60 days from the date obtained.
- 2 Witnesses are required to sign the marriage license.
- After the ceremony, the license must be returned to the issuing county.
If you are a resident of Lenoir County, click here to see how you can apply for a marriage license online.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning Raleigh, New Bern, and Greenville North Carolina.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning owned and operated by Certified Wedding Planner Natosha Graham
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning offers Wedding Day Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Partial Wedding Planning Services, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, and Event Design Services for all your Social Events.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning caters to Weddings and Events
in Greenville North Carolina, Raleigh North Carolina, and surrounding
Eastern North Carolina Wedding locations and Worldwide.