You meet your best girlfriend out for lunch and she gives you the best news,"OMG, I'm getting married!" As you two scream with excitement and you congratulate her she asks you,"Will you be a bridesmaid?" Before you give her an answer you may want to consider what comes along with that role.
With the help of a few of our past and present brides, we give you 5 things to consider before saying yes.
1. Time: You are going to share your time. Dress shopping, putting together wedding favors and invitations, running wedding day errands, attending bridal showers and more.
2. Expenses: Dress, shoes, jewelry, makeup, hair, nails, bridal shower, bachelorette party, bridal party apparel, and possible out of town expenses.
3. Meeting all deadlines: You may not understand why you have to purchase your dress 6 months prior to the wedding but trust us there is a reason why. Most bridal salons will tell you bridesmaid dresses need to be ordered 3 to 4 months prior to the wedding date. There are a lot of factors in this reasoning ( colors, season, is it a popular dress, etc.). Also keep in mind to allow time for any alterations.
4. Being a Team Player: It's the bride's big day! Give opinions and suggestions when asked. Don't get upset if the bride decides on something that you don't agree with. Try not to push back when asked to do certain things like wear a particular hairstyle, cover any tattoos, and more.
5. Offering Support: There is nothing like having support from your friends.
Let's face it when asked you are super excited and honored. However, you must consider if you will be able to do everything that's asked of you. No one knows your life better than you. It's okay to say, "I will not be able to be a bridesmaid in your wedding but don't forget to send me my invitation."
The bride is usually your best friend, friend, or family member and its ok to decline. I'm sure the bride will understand.
Now, if you say. "Yes, count me in!" Remember its the bride's day so try not to add an additional stress that isn't necessary.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning Raleigh, New Bern, and Greenville North Carolina.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning owned and operated byCertified Wedding Planner Natosha Graham
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning offers Wedding Day Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Partial Wedding Planning Services, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, and Event Design Services for all your Social Events.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning caters to Weddings and Events
in Greenville North Carolina, Raleigh North Carolina, and surrounding
Eastern North Carolina Wedding locations and Worldwide.