Its the most wonderful time of year and it's time to deck those halls or at least your home.
We know that walking through the department stores Christmas section can be a little overwhelming. As well as what areas in your home to decorate. So we decided to give you a few tips to help you this holiday season.
What areas of your home to decorate? Now if you are one of the ladies or gentleman and Christmas is your favorite holiday you'll probably decorate your entire home (inside and out). But those of you who don't have a lot of time to, here are a list of areas we recommend. We recommend decorating your main living space, your dining room/kitchen table, and/or fireplace mantle.
Now we are going to give you a few tips/pointers for shopping, setting up your decorations, and storage.
- Pick at least 3 colors for your decorations (this will keep you focused when out shopping)
- Pick a theme (you don't have to have a theme, however having one will also keep you focused)
- Use different size/finishes ornaments on your tree (glitter, matte finish, glossy, decorative ones, etc)
- Use mesh and ribbon as garland (don't be scared to mix patterns)
- Be creative with your tree topper (bows, floral picks, florals, etc),
- Be sure to fluff your tree, wreaths, and garland so they look full once decorated (we love using pre-lit everything.)
- Be creative (there is no right or wrong way)
- Check the lights on everything before you start decorating
- Make sure all decorations are secure (outside decor needs to withstand the elements)
- Use electrical cords and lighting that specifies outside use.
- When using a real christmas tree be sure to keep it watered. (Dry/Brittle tree becomes a fire hazard)
- Use sturdy containers to store decor in (try to separate in categories)
- Shop after the holiday season for the following year (you receive good discounts when the holiday is over)
These are some of the tips/pointers we felt would be helpful to you this holiday season and remember.....
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning Raleigh, New Bern, and Greenville North Carolina.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning owned and operated by Certified Wedding Planner Natosha Graham
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning offers Wedding Day Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Partial Wedding Planning Services, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, and Event Design Services for all your Social Events.
Exquisite Events Wedding and Event Planning caters to Weddings and Events
in Greenville North Carolina, Raleigh North Carolina, and surrounding
Eastern North Carolina Wedding locations and Worldwide.